Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Yesterday at the Zoo

With my sister in town, with my nephew in tow, I decided to make it a short day at work so that we could head to the zoo.

The commuter train home was a half-hour late, though this was inconsequential as my nephew was just waking up from his nap as I got home.

We packed up in record time, and were at my daughter's daycare 15 minutes after I got home.

Off to the zoo we went.

She was so excited when we got there.

She actually knew where we were.

She saw the pictures of the animals, poised larger than life upon the top of the light poles, and was excited.

We rolled up to the entrance, when I saw the closed sign.

I had misread the hours online, and we missed the last entrance to the zoo by a mere 6 minutes.

She was devastated, while my nephew, 9 months her junior, was happily kicking his feet in his stroller.

We slowly rolled them back in the car, and packed the strollers and bags.

We went across the busy street to the park I had never been to before.

They both had a blast!

Great parallel play was in action!

There were an amazing number of bugs out, but the large sandbox, old fashioned teetering toys, and novel slides and stairs proved to be just as fun as the zoo.

It was great.

A failed evening at the zoo resulted in a very happy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment